Kane and Pia have gained a big following on social media and they’ve gained over 400k subscribers on YouTube.
If you want to follow their example and use the same gear then read on to see what they currently use.
Kane and Pia use a variety of gear depending on what they are shooting.
You can check out the current price and availability on Amazon by clicking on the links in this post.
What Camera Do Kane and Pia Muehlenbeck Use?
Their main camera for vlogs is the Sony A7SIII.
This is a go to camera for lots of YouTubers and it records up to 4k at 120fps. Kane uses this for any commercial work for brands as well as for their vlogs on their YouTube channel.
Pia’s main option when Kane is not around is the Sony ZV-1 which is better if you prefer a smaller camera and don’t want to carry around heavy gear. It also serves as an upgrade to the Sony RX100 which she used to use.
The above Sony ZV-1 and Sony RX100 are both great if you just want to get started in vlogging and don’t want to carry around big cameras and lenses everywhere.
They also use some other smaller cameras for specific shots or when they’re in a pinch and don’t have access to their main camera.
- Go Pro Hero 9 Black (great for action shots and underwater shots.)
- Go Pro Hero Max (for 360 shots)
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro (perfect in a pinch because they always have access to this)
What Lenses Do Kane and Pia Muehlenbeck Use?
The main lens they use on their Sony A7SIII camera is the 17mm-28mm Tamron lens.
This is perfect for vlogging due to the wide angle. This is compatible with both the Sony A7SIII (their main camera) and the Sony A7C (their back up camera).
- Tamron 17mm-28mm lens for Sony E mount (main vlogging lens)
The other lens they use is the 28mm-75mm Tamron lens (in one of their gear videos Kane did mention this as the 28mm-70mm, but we are pretty sure he meant 28mm-75mm.) This camera is used more for their photography on Instagram and they use it at 35mm quite a lot.
- Tamron 28mm-75mm Lens for Sony E mount (they use this for photography)
The Sony 70mm-200mm lens is another lens they use but only really when they are travelling. This one is good for long range shots of things like animals on safari.
If you just want to get one of the lenses we recommend the Tamron 17mm-28mm lens if you are focusing on vlogging. Remember to check compatibility depending on what camera body you are using.
What Drones Do Kane and Pia Muehlenbeck Use?
For aerial footage, Kane and Pia’s go to drone is the DJI Mavic Pro 2.
This is a very high quality drone which has a Hasselblad camera on it and can shoot in RAW.
If you want more of a beginner drone then you could also check out something like the DJI Mavic Mini.
What Microphone Do Kane and Pia Muehlenbeck Use?
For top quality audio, they use the the following microphones:
- Rode VideoMic NTG On-Camera Shotgun Microphone – not only does it work directly on the camera but you can also use it for voice-overs by plugging it into your computer. This one is better if all of your audio is focused in front of the camera.
- Deity D4 Duo Microphone – this one is good if you will want to be recording audio both from in front and behind the camera.
- Shure MV88 Lightning Microphone for IOS – this can be used to plug in to your iPhone to get higher quality audio compared to your ordinary iPhone microphone.
Other Accessories Kane and Pia Muehlenbeck Use
- Phottix M200R RGB lights (portable lights to help with videos and photos)
Support The Creators
If you haven’t done so already, then make sure to follow their socials.
Below is one of their most recent videos at the time of uploading this post.