If you’re a street photographer then you’re bound to have lots of stunning photos that you’ll want to post to Instagram.
Nothing goes better with a beautiful photo than an inspiring caption.
To save you the trouble of thinking up a caption yourself, I’ve put together this list of the best quotes about street photography from some of the most famous photographers around.
Just copy and paste the street photography caption straight into Instagram.
Best Street Photography Quotes for Instagram Captions
1. “My photography is a reflection, which comes to life in action and leads to meditation. Spontaneity – the suspended moment – intervenes during action, in the viewfinder.”– Abbas
2. “I fell in love with taking pictures, with wandering around finding things. To me, it feels like a kind of performance. The picture is a document of that performance.”– Alec Soth
3. “I only know how to approach a place by walking. For what does a street photographer do but walk and watch and wait and talk, and then watch and wait some more, trying to remain confident that the unexpected, the unknown, or the secret heat of the known awaits just around the corner.”– Alex Webb
4. “Photography is the only language that can be understood anywhere in the world.”– Bruno Barbey
5. “When I use the camera, I often feel like I know part of the people or places I come in contact with.”– Christophe Agou
6. “Photography has the capacity to provide images of man and his environment that are both works of art and moments in history.”– Cornell Capa
- One way to improve your street photography is by learning from street photography books.
7. “Photograph the world as it is. Nothing’s more interesting than reality.”– Mary Ellen Mark
8. “Quit trying to find beautiful objects to photograph. Find the ordinary objects so you can transform it by photographing it.”– Morley Baer
9. “Street Photography is like fishing. Catching the fish is more exciting than eating it…”– Thomas Leuthard
10. “Anyone can shoot chaos. But the most perceptive photographers can make compelling pictures out of uninteresting moments.”– Alex Tehrani
11. “The marvels of daily life are exciting; no movie director can arrange the unexpected that you find in the street.”– Robert Doisneau
12. “If you can smell the street by looking at the photo, it’s a street photograph.”– Bruce Gilden
13. “I love the people I photograph. I mean, they’re my friends. I’ve never met most of them or I don’t know them at all, yet through my images I live with them.”– Bruce Gilden
14. “Buy a good pair of comfortable shoes, have a camera around your neck at all times, keep your elbows in, be patient, optimistic and don’t forget to smile.”– Matt Stuart
15. “Taking pictures is like tiptoeing into the kitchen late at night and stealing Oreo cookies.”– Diane Arbus
16. “Not everybody trusts paintings but people believe photographs.”– Ansel Adams