Here’s a quick summary of the post if you’re in a rush ⌛️ :
- You can’t use clean HDMI on the Canon Rebel T7 (EOS 2000D) because it’s not a feature.
- Even if it did have clean HDMI the Rebel T7 wouldn’t be the best option for video and livestreams since it doesn’t have movie servo AF
- If you need a camera with clean HDMI, the best alternative camera to the Canon T7 is the Canon EOS Rebel SL3 which is a much better camera overall.
How to Use Clean HDMI on Canon Rebel T7?
So the quick answer here is, you can’t.
I’ve tried lots of ways to make it work but it just doesn’t work because clean HDMI is not a feature on the Canon Rebel T7.
Trust me, I went through the 300+ page manual with a fine tooth comb and you won’t find the phrase ‘clean HDMI’. You can try if you want.
The Canon EOS Rebel T7 does not have an option for a clean HDMI output.
After all, the T7 isn’t really made for video and the T7 doesn’t even shoot in 4K.
Even if it did have clean HDMI it wouldn’t be the best because the T7 doesn’t have movie servo AF (Autofocus).
Movie servo AF is a mode that lets your camera track subjects during video so that autofocus is more accurate, but the Rebel T7 does not have this feature.
The Canon T7 also doesn’t have an external microphone input so it’s harder to get better audio for your videos.
However there are alternative entry-level cameras that do have clean HDMI, can shoot in 4k and have movie servo AF.
In my opinion, the best alternative camera to the Rebel T7 that has clean HDMI is the Canon EOS Rebel SL3.
Best Alternative To Rebel T7 With Clean HDMI
If you need clean HDMI the best and closest alternative to the Rebel T7 is the Canon EOS Rebel SL3.
The Canon Rebel SL3 is also an entry level DSLR but it’s newer with lots of improvements over the Rebel T7 and it’s specifically better for video too.
Here are just some of the reasons why I’d pick the Rebel SL3 over the Canon Rebel T7.
The Canon Rebel SL3 is better than the T7 because it:
- Has a Clean HDMI output
- Can shoot in 4K
- Has better video autofocus because of Movie servo AF
- Has an external microphone input
- Can take about double the amount of photos on one full battery
- Better processor and low light capabilities
- Has a fully articulated screen
Since the Canon Rebel SL3 can be used as a HDMI webcam it’s also a decent camera to be used for live streaming.
On top of all that, both the Canon Rebel T7 and the Canon Rebel SL3 both use the same lens mount so you can use the same lenses across both of them.
This makes it easy to switch between these two cameras.
If you want to use your Rebel T7 as a webcam you can try using the EOS Webcam Utility Pro.