This post will briefly guide you through how to connect your Sony ZV-1 to your computer whether it is a Windows or Mac device.
How Do I Connect My Sony ZV-1 to My Windows Laptop?
- Make sure that you have a charged battery inside your Sony ZV-1.
- Turn on your camera and your Windows desktop/laptop.
- Go to your ‘SETUP’ menu on your Sony ZV-1.
- Make sure that ‘USB CONNECTION’ is set as ‘MASS STORAGE’.
- Now connect the camera to the computer using the Micro USB cable which should have come with the Sony ZV-1. *If you don’t have the original USB cable then see further below for instructions*
- If this is your first time connecting the camera then the computer might start a process where it recognises the camera. Let this process complete.
- Your Sony ZV-1 is now connected to your laptop or computer.
What Alternative USB Cable Do I Need For My Sony ZV-1?
The Sony ZV-1 uses a ‘Micro USB to USB’ cable and you can find plenty of replacements online like the one we have linked further below.
You’ll need to ensure that one side is ‘Micro USB’, this is the end that will go into your Sony ZV-1. The other end of the cable will be going into your computer and this will be a standard USB 2.0 or USB 3.0.
Here’s an example of a USB cable that should work for most people.
How Do I Connect My Sony ZV-1 To My MacBook ?
To connect your Sony ZV-1 to your Mac device you just need to follow the same instructions as above, but you might need an extra step.
If you use a Mac device, you might need an adaptor if you don’t have enough ports on your device.
There are plenty, like this USB C Hub Multiport Adapter. *Please double check compatibility with the device you are using before making any purchases, as the port will depend on which Mac device you have and what year it is from.
We hope you have found this post helpful!